The State Office of Risk Management (Office) administers the enterprise risk and insurance management programs, continuity of government operations program, and self-insured workers’ compensation program for the State of Texas. The Web Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the Office’s internet and intranet presence as designated Webmaster, the Learning Management System (LMS) as technical and subject matter expert, and other communications support and development. This position is a key integrator role for Office outreach and internal communications, and reports to the Director of Public Relations in the Executive Administration Division. As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience with creating and maintaining website
- Skill in learning management systems (LMS) administration and deployment
- Experience with Office 365 including Sharepoint, Teams, and OneNote
- Skill in planning, organizing, and maintaining diverse information
- Desire to be creative and effective in how training content, media, and information are presented
- Ability and willingness to work with others in the Public Relations, Information Technology, and other agency departments, as well as external entities and customers
- Skill in training others, as needed
- Capacity to work independently, under general supervision, using initiative and sound judgment
- Positive attitude, sense of community, and drive to excel
Learn more about this opportunity by reading the full job description for the Web Systems Administrator (Web Administrator I ; Posting 21-0664; PDF) position and apply below.
The State Office of Risk Management is a unique state agency with an environment of creativity and collaboration. Our employees appreciate the warm atmosphere, mutual respect, progressive approach, engagement, and genuine community that comes from truly caring about each other and what we can do together. We don’t do silos, and your voice and happiness is as important as your skill. We take pride in our mission, our colleagues, and our belonging.
Advantages of working with SORM:
- Casual dress code
- Open and accepting environment
- Wellness and employee engagement activities
- Much more.
Advantages of working for the State:
- State Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Free downtown parking
- Employee Assistance Program from legal services to mental health
- Transit discounts
- State discounts are offered at many stores, hotels, cell phone service providers, and more!
The Texas State Office of Risk Management is administratively attached to the Office of the Attorney General and is governed by a five-member Board. The Office is charged by law to administer insurance services obtained by Texas state agencies, including the self-insured government employees workers’ compensation insurance program and the state risk management programs. Its mission is to enable State of Texas agencies to protect their employees, the general public, and the State’s physical and financial assets by reducing and controlling risk in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
How to Apply
You may apply to the job directly through the CAPPS Career System.
Or, you can mail a State of Texas application (Word) to:
- Linda Griffin, Director of Talent Management
- State Office of Risk Management
- P.O. Box 13777
- Austin, TX 78711-3777
Applicants may direct inquiries to Linda Griffin, Director of Talent Management, at email@example.com.