The following Web pages may be of use to you.
A close look at your money at work for Texas
Workers’ Compensation Issues
- Texas Department of Insurance As the state’s regulatory body for the insurance industry, the Texas Department of Insurance’s site provides information on rules and regulations regarding the insurance industry.
- Texas Legislature On-line Investigate Texas Legislature On-line for the Legislative Reference Library, information on the Texas Senate, the Legislative Budget Board, and more.
- Texas Register Click here to go to the online version of the Texas Register. You can find proposed and adopted rules.
- Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation
- Look here for information regarding the rights and responsibilities of all employees under the Texas Labor Code, as well as general information about the commission.
- CPT Physican’s Current Procedural Terminology Listing of descriptive terms and identifying codes for reporting medical services and procedures performed by physicians.
- ICD-10-CM International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision ICD-10-CM is an acronym for International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification, published under different names since 1900. ICD-10-CM is a statistical classification system that arranges diseases and injuries into groups according to established criteria.
- Merck Manual The Merck Manual covers all but the most obscure disorders of mankind. The Manual contains information for special circumstances, such as radiation reactions and injuries, problems encountered in deep-sea diving, or dental emergencies.
- The Pill Book This book contains more than 150 new brand names and more than 80 important new drugs approved by the FDA in late 1995 that will go on sale for the first time in 1996. A 32-page insert provides actual-size full color photographs of the most-prescribed pills.
- The Medical Dictionary Online A free, online medical dictionary search engine.
Risk Management Issues
- Public Agency Risk Management Association PARMA — A forum that promotes, develops and facilitates education and leadership in public agency risk management.
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. RIMS serves its member entities by proactively providing the highest quality products, services and information to manage all forms of business risk.
- Association of Local Authority Risk Managers ALARM seeks to make a positive contribution to loss reduction in the public sector. The group, based in the U.K., assists, advises and represents public sector organizations in the development of risk management strategies.
Sources for Required Postings at the Workplace
- USERRA Compliance The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) protects the job rights of individuals who voluntarily or unvoluntarily leave employment postions to undertake military service. USERRA also prohibits employers from discriminating against past and present members of the uniformed services, and applicants to the uniformed services. The Department of Labor requires a poster entitled “Your Rights Under USEERA” to be posted by all employers, regardless of size, effective March 10, 2005.
- Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation Agency Notices 6 and 9 (under Workers’ Compensation). Scroll down on DWC’s page in order to find the links to Notices 6 and 9.
- The Office of Injured Employee Counsel (OIEC) The Office of Injured Employee Counsel (OIEC) is a new state agency created by the Texas Legislature to represent the interests of injured workers in the workers’ compensation system. Effective 12/20/06 all employers are required to post the notice “Employer’s Notification of Ombudsman Program to Employees” (Adobe PDF format). You may download this form from the OIEC website.
- Texas Workforce Commission A source for required agency workplace postings.
Loss Prevention and Control
- OSHA Regulations (Standards – 29 CFR) Visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration Website for regulations and standards.
- Texas Health and Safety Code A complete listing of all chapters of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
- Department of Information Resources Visit this state agency site to find out about ways you can reduce potential exposure to problems associated with information security.
- National Safety Council Its mission is “to educate and influence society to adopt safety, health and environmental policies, practices and procedures that prevent and mitigate human suffering and economic losses arising from preventable causes.”
- American Society of Safety Engineers ASSE is the oldest and largest professional safety organization. It’s 33,000 members manage, supervise and consult on safety, health, and environmental issues in industry, insurance, government and education.
- National Property Management Association Inc. National organization for asset management.
|DISCLAIMER: SORM has not reviewed all of the sites which are linked to the SORM site, and the fact of such links does not indicate any approval or endorsement to any material contained on any linked site. SORM is not responsible for the contents of any site linked to the SORM site; your connection to any such linked site is at your own risk. SORM Link Policy|