No Script

Page Content

How Do I … ?

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: How do I designate a primary risk manager for my state agency?
A: To designate a new person as agency Primary Risk Manager, please complete the SORM 101 – Designation of Agency Primary Risk Manager Form and submit it via mail or fax to:

SORM Information Resources
State Office of Risk Management
P.O. Box 13777, Austin, Texas 78711-3777
Fax: Attn: SORM Information Resources (512) 370-9197

Q: How do I locate my agency’s risk manager is and his/her contact information?
A: SORM has put together a directory of state risk management personnel. This list includes the names, addresses, phone numbers, and E-mail addresses of Risk Managers, Safety Officers, and Claims Coordinators at state agencies. The entire directory is lengthy, so it has to be broken up into segments. See the list here.

Q: How do I report suspected workers’ compensation fraud?
A: Please call 877-445-0006 and ask the operator for “Investigations.”

Q: How do I find the SORM training schedule?
A:You can view the schedule and sign up for courses here.

Q: How do I complete the SORM 200?
A: We’ve put together a comprehensive learning resource here on the SORM website, complete with training videos and detailed information. You can view that here.

Q: How do I apply for a new or renew a state employee’s notary commission without bond?
A: Applicants should complete the Secretary of State (SOS) form 2301-NB and provide it to the employing agency for submission to the Office. Learn more about the process here.

Q: How do I change my name before my notary without bond commission’s expiration date?
A: If you need to change your name before your commission’s expiration date, read the instructions on Form 2305-NB, complete it and e-mail, fax (512-370-9028) or mail it to the State Office of Risk Management for processing.

Q: How do I change the status of my notary without bond commission if I have transferred state agencies or have been terminated by a state agency before my commission’s expiration date?
A: Fill out the SORM-204 form and e-mail, fax (512-370-9028) or mail it to the State Office of Risk Management for processing.

Q: How do I find notary educational materials?
A: An overview of the Secretary of State’s notary public educational information as it applies to state government can be found here. An online training video is also available on the Texas Secretary of State’s web site here.

SORM Publications, Business Links, Legislative Reports, and Policies Links Section

Page Footer Links