- This event has passed.
Additional Duty Safety Officer (ADSO)
July 21, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
A basic overview of essential safety elements expected in an effective, proactive mishap prevention program. The four components covered are:
- Historical Perspective: A basic overview of a safety program and the interaction of safety and applicable provisions of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act. The focus is on prevention.
- Hazard Identification: This section deals with identifying and reporting safety issues or concerns focusing on work conditions and work practices. The emphasis is on prevention through motivation and involvement of all employees in identifying and reporting mishap potentials.
- Mishap Investigation: This portion of the program focuses on the human element in determining root cause(s) involved in a mishap. Several analytical models are introduced and the concepts applied through group exercises using a “thinking out-of-the-box” approach.
- Training: Participants will learn how to implement and document functioning safety training modules that are customized to their area of responsibility.
- July 21, 2021
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Zoom Meeting – Link will be sent out separately