- This event has passed.
August 26 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This basic course covers the Texas Hazard Communication Act (HCA), Chapter 502 of the Health and
Safety Code, and its companion Act, the Public Employer Community Right-to-Know Act, Chapter 506. It
is aligned with GHS, the globally harmonized system of classification and labeling of chemicals. Emphasis
will be on:
- Maintaining a written hazard communication program; an outline of minimum requirements
that must be met when employees are exposed to hazardous chemicals;
- Purpose and content of a workplace chemical list;
- The purpose and how to read the new Safety Data Sheet (SDS); and recognize the Labeling
- How to enhance worker comprehension of hazards;
- Facilitate safer handling and use of chemicals.
Complies with required training expectations.
- August 26
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Event Category:
- Zoom Meeting – Link will be sent out separately