The Texas Office of Homeland Security recommends that each state agency’s Continuity Coordinator be trained in continuity planning and certified by a recognized organization such as FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute or Disaster Recovery Institute International.
Upcoming FEMA COOP Classes
- See the Texas Dept. of Public Safety’s website for many course offerings: www.preparingtexas.org.
- E/L-557 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Mission Essential Functions Workshop
- E/L-548 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Program Manager Train-the-Trainer Courses
- E/L-550 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Train-the-Trainer Courses
SORM COOP Workshops
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Location: Bullock Museum, 1800 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701
- FEMA Continuity of Operations
- Texas Office of Homeland Security
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Texas Department of Information Resources
- State Strategic Plan – Continuity of Operations
Submit Your State Agency COOP Plan
Please contact Michelle Ganaden, Director of Risk Management, if you have questions about your COOP plan or to find out how to submit your plan for review.