The Texas Office of Homeland Security recommends that each state agency’s Continuity Coordinator be trained in continuity planning and certified by a recognized organization such as FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute or Disaster Recovery Institute International.
Upcoming FEMA COOP Classes
- See the Texas Dept. of Public Safety’s website for many course offerings: www.preparingtexas.org.
- E/L-557 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Mission Essential Functions Workshop
- E/L-548 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Program Manager Train-the-Trainer Courses
- E/L-550 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Train-the-Trainer Courses
Time: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Texas COOP Template – Essential Records (PDF)
|March 13, 2019||1:30 – 3:30 p.m.||ARMED FORCES RESERVE CENTER
5102 Emma Browning Blvd Austin,
(off Burleson Rd at the south end of
Open discussion will take place on topics such as policy, frameworks, tools, and opportunities.
- FEMA Continuity of Operations
- Texas Office of Homeland Security
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Texas Department of Information Resources
- State Strategic Plan – Continuity of Operations
Submit Your COOP Plan
If you have questions or need to find out how to submit your agency or university COOP plan for review, please contact one of our Statewide Continuity Coordinators, Shelley Crain, 512-936-1477, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.