The Texas Office of Homeland Security recommends that each state agency’s Continuity Coordinator be trained in continuity planning and certified by a recognized organization such as FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute or Disaster Recovery Institute International.
Upcoming FEMA COOP Classes
- See the Texas Dept. of Public Safety’s website for many course offerings: www.preparingtexas.org.
- E/L-557 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Mission Essential Functions Workshop
- E/L-548 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Program Manager Train-the-Trainer Courses
- E/L-550 Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Train-the-Trainer Courses
SORM COOP Workshops
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Location: Bullock Museum, 1800 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701
- FEMA Continuity of Operations
- Texas Office of Homeland Security
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Texas Department of Information Resources
- State Strategic Plan – Continuity of Operations
Submit Your State Agency COOP Plan
Please contact Shelley Crain, Statewide Coordinator, 512-936-1477, if you have questions about your COOP plan or to find out how to submit your plan for review.